- Failure to comply with Independent Filmmakers Showcase guidelines, rules, regulations, or eligibility may be cause for disqualification and result in having your film pulled from screening or competition.
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition you are admitting that you have read, understood and agreed to follow our Rules and Regulations for festival submission and to abide by our Terms and Conditions of service.
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition, entrants release and hold the Independent Filmmakers Showcase, it’s Board of Directors, Officers, Staff and Volunteers harmless from and against all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation with the competition or participation in any competition related activity.
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition you are granting the Independent Filmmakers Showcase the right to use screen grabs, press materials, and stills from your movie on our advertisements, press materials, festival programs and website for a minimum 15 months preceding and following the festival year you submitted to.
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition you are admitting that you are 18 years of age or older.
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition you are granting the right for thendependent Filmmakers Showcase to screen your film publicly one to two times in the next twelve months (depending on the festival entered).
- By entering (submitting to) any Independent Filmmakers competition you acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind if your film is unable to screen due to technical or operational difficulties or if your film needs to be rescheduled or delayed for any reason.
- Independent Filmmakers Showcase is not responsible for films that are missing, damaged, unreadable, lost in transit, or stolen. Independent Filmmakers Showcase reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Independent Filmmakers Showcase is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines, rules, regulations, terms & condition or eligibility may be cause for disqualification and having your film pulled from screening or competition.
- By entering this competition, entrants release and hold the Independent Filmmakers Showcase, it’s Membership, Board of Directors, Officers, Staff and Volunteers harmless from and against all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation with the competition or participation in any competition related activity.
- By submitting you are granting the IFS the right to use screen grabs, press materials, a 2 minute film trailer and stills from your movie on our advertisements, press materials, festival programs and website for the12 months leading up to the festival year you submitted your film, and for the 48 months following the festival year that you submitted your film.
- By submitting you are granting the right for the Independent Filmmakers Showcase to screen your film publicly at least one time in the next twelve months.
- By submitting you acknowledge that you are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind if your film is unable to screen due to technical or operational difficulties or if your film needs to be rescheduled or delayed for any reason.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ATTENDANCE AT INEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE EVENTS, OR ENTERING INTO ANY INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE EVENT, CONTEST, FESTIVAL OR COMPETITION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE, OR GENERALLY FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER METERIALS PUBLISHED, UNPUBLISHED OR DISTRIBUTED BY THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE, OR ITS AFFILIATES. THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES, DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE WEBSITE. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND TO YOU, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR CAUSED BY YOUR CONDUCT. THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, AND THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENCIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE WEBSITE / ATTENDANCE AT ANY IFS EVENT / ENTERING ANY IFS COMPETITION / SUBMITTING ANY WORK FOR IFS REVIEW OR SCREENING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS, OR ANTICIPATED LOST PROFITS OR BUSINESS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE AND ITS AFFILIATES AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE WEBSITE OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO $500.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold The INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE harmless from any claim, expense or demand, including without limitation reasonable attorneys´ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, excluding conflict of laws provisions thereof that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction and you hereby submit to exclusive jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of California. You agree to receive service of process through certified mail or by other means sanctioned by law, and you expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement may be automatically assigned by The INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS SHOWCASE, in its sole discretion, to a third party. Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement, along with any other terms and conditions regulating use of the Website, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. The provisions of this Agreement and any ancillary terms and conditions will survive termination or expiration to the extent necessary to carry out the intentions of the parties.
All content contained on the Independent Filmmakers Showcase(IFS) Website, including but not limited to video, clips, photographs, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software (collectively, “Content”), is the property of Independent Filmmakers Showcase and is protected by U.S. and/or international copyright laws. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance of the content contained is strictly prohibited. If you use material appearing on the Website contrary as set forth in the Agreement, you may be liable for infringement, misappropriation or other causes of action to the fullest extent of the law.
Unless otherwise indicated, all names, graphics, designs, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, commercial markings, trade dress, and service names included in the Website are trademarks of the Independent Filmmakers Showcase and are protected by the trademark laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, distribute, modify or post any Trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to or distribution of materials on the Website, without our prior written consent. The Trademarks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us.
Risk of Loss.
You acknowledge and agree that your only remedy for failures, delays or interruptions with respect to the ordering of and delivery of passes ordered by you through the Website or submissions sent through the website, Brown Paper Tickets, Withoutabox, or GoogleCheckout is limited to a refund for such passes, issued at the discretion of the Independent Filmmakers Showcase discretion.
Right To Enter.
Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to the Independent Filmmakers Showcase 2011. As Director/Producer/Submitter of the Film, entrants have submitted to the IFS, entrants represent and warrant to the IFS that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the IFS; the Film entrants submitted to the IFS is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, the submission of the Film, or by the IFS´s acceptance, review or retention of the Film.
Submitter must be 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, you may have a parent or guardian submit on your behalf.
IFS FILM SUBMISSION
RULES & REGULATIONS
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter any Independent Filmmakers Showcase competition (or have a parent/guardian submit on your behalf).
- The Independent Filmmakers Showcase reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Entries in our competitions are void where prohibited by law.
- Films submitted to the Independent Filmmakers Showcase (IFS) must not have major distribution in the United States of America.
- Entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars before films will be viewed.
- Please note festival dates are subject to change.
- All judges, readers, and screeners decisions are final.
- Independent Filmmakers Showcase is not responsible for films stolen, missing, or lost in transit
- All festival screening times and venues are subject to delay or change
- By submitting to the Independent Filmmakers Showcase, all listed creators authorize the submission.
- In submitting your work to the Independent Filmmakers Showcase you are admitting that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people.
- Any filmmaker or member of a film entourage causing a disruption or acting aggressively, disrespectfully or threateningly to any of the volunteer staff or employees of the festival may have their film pulled from exhibition at any time without refund.
- If your film wins an IFS Award or an Audience Choice award, you are required to mention that fact in future posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution.
- In the event of multiple authors of an award or prize-winning work, awards and prizes will be divided equally among listed creators.
- The IFS does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers.
- Selected films receive two complementary passes for the event they have entered; good for the entire day their film is screened. Attendees must purchase any additional days and tickets.
- Film Submissions are non-returnable. Please do not send original materials
All films submitted to the festival are watched in their entirety and scored by three screeners and programmers (who are members of the Independent Filmmakers Showcase and possess a history of film journalism, film scholarship, and/or employment in the fields of Film/Television entertainment and/or journalism). The films that have the highest score or those specifically a championed by a programmer or screener move on to final deliberation and democratic vote by the IFS Board of Directors and the IFS Program Director. In the spirit of fair compitition no film is offered early acceptance or offered fee waivers, and no film is selected without going through our judging process. The IFS does look at films given to us as recommendations by other festivals; but those films still need to enter during our deadlines and pay the requisite fees. The IFS Board OF Directors has the right to vote films that have won awards at other IFS events and showcases and into IFS events without a second round of pre-screening. All judges, readers, and screeners decisions are final.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Independent Filmmakers Showcase please contact us IFSfestivals@gmail.com. But we recommend first checking out our Festival F.A.Q. for the answers to most IFS questions.